Friday, June 20, 2014

Responsibility!!!

When people started singing to me this morning, I curled up like a disgruntled cat and made this face, as captured by the wonderful Sarah Sukardi. (She's also a fan of this here blob and she really likes the name Jonetsu Fervor. Shout-out to you, Sarah. Also she helps me in Comp Sci all the time. Okay, shout-out over.)

Welcome to adulthood, Alexandra. Well, thanks!

As I mentioned earlier this week, today is my birthday. I am the ripe legal age of 18. It has been a wonderful, beautiful day and I have all of the truly wonderful people in my life to thank for that. Y'all are really special.

Being 18 now is a little scary. All day, I've had this fear that I, the model citizen that I am, will be pulled over for some stupid offense and be held fully accountable for it because, in the eyes of the law, I am now an adult... dun dun dun....

People now expect me to be somewhat competent in the real world and to understand the way bureaucracy works. I am not prepared for this. The DMV is a scary place, as is the line at Chipotle.

Adulthood is a process, so here's to making a few jarring mistakes in the near future! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment